Every year, EBSCO publishes a report which aims to help information professionals make budgeting decisions and plans. Based on historical pricing data and publisher surveys, the report sets out trends and predictions for serials publishing for the year ahead.
This year, the survey predicts:
- Overall price increases of 5-7%
- Increases in library budgets will not match this rise
- Libraries will continue to ‘prune’ content purchases
- Increasing use and importance of usage analytics to inform purchasing decisions
- OA movement gaining momentum
- More exploration of alternative purchasing methods